2.12.2005

Your health, it's something that we all take for granted. The last three days has been a harsh reminder of that. In 1999 I suffered a viral infection of the heart (or at least that is what they think it was). The infection has left my heart about the size of a football and pumping at about 45% of capacity (EF 45) this is what they call heart failure. I live a normal life but have to watch the sodium (salt) intake and keep an eye on my general health a little more than most 37 yr olds. Now last weekend my heart had a little hiccup that caused me to gain ten pounds of fluid weight in a day and left me winded and tired. A bunch of doctor visits and tests latter I was doing alot better only to have the wife go in the hospital yesterday with an infection in her leg. Things go on...

No comments: