2.01.2005

2/1/05 Tues.
Today was a sleep day, which for me is everyday. I work graveyards 10pm to 8am or later Mon through Fri. plus frequent weekends (this is the cost of being a manager at a hotel, the Millennium Hotel Minneapolis to be precise). So on Mondays I don't sleep in (I try for regular sleep i.e. sleep at night with my wife) so by tuesday AM I've been up for 20+ hours and get kinda delirous. For the rest of the week I sleep 11am to 3 or 4 pm, most days I feel lucky if I get 4 hours sleep. Now why am I telling you all this? So you will understand my whining/ranting/raving about sleep. Carrie (my wife) works 7am to 3pm so when I sleep she works and when I work she sleeps! Not bad, but we really do miss the bed time. Not in the intimate way, just the comfort you feel knowing that the person you love is next to you.
Carrie and I where married in Oct,2003 so we are still rather newlywed like. We live in Minneapolis, four blocks from work and right accross from Loring Park. Where right downtown in the heart of the city, and never mind what you hear it's not ten feet of snow and twenty below zero 300 days out of the year, just five or so... We are renting a 2 bedroom + apartment that just barly hold us, three cats and the boxs that Carrie's mom keeps finding that belong to Carrie or at least that is what she says, I think she is just getting rid of her clutter by giving it to us. Don't get me wrong, there are some real finds in the box's but there is alot of stuff there too. Now Carrie and I don't really need help incollecting stuff we do that pretty well by ourselves. Between us we collecting Hummels, beer trays, beeny babies, rocks, old photos, stuffed animals (besides beeny babies), anything old/cool that we find at garage/estate sales and anything swedish. Carrie is part swed and I'm all Bohemian (my grandfather hated saying Czech). Dinner is almost ready so I'm off, till later

No comments: