9.13.2005

Bush takes the blame for Katrina failures: "'To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility,''"

Bravo, Bravo Mr. Bush you have proved me wrong twice with those words.

The first way you proved me wrong, is that I never thought you would take responsibility for anything remotely negative.

Second way you proved me wrong is that you are not the idiot I thought you where. You knew the only way to confront the overwhelming proof of the incompetence of the federal response was to take a body shot and fess up.

I for a very brief moment could say that "I was proud of my president." If only it could last.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel the same way. He had no choice but to say that. Oh well.

BurnTheFat said...

I definitely thought it was too little too late. Instead of making me proud for a moment, it actually made all the times he should have done this, and didn't, that much worse. You mean he KNOWS how to do this? You mean he's not completely in denial or so arrogant he doesn't think he HAS to? A Republican friend of mine said it's dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. I said, no it's too little too late.

Anonymous said...

The funny thing is that last week I had three discussions with people who all said the federal government wasn't to blame, it was the state government. I got to go into work yesterday and go "Haw haw!" in my best Nelson voice because the Prez caved!