* Ron dies.
* Lupin dies.
* Percy dies (this death occurs before the wedding, inevitably throwing events into chaos).
* Voldemort dies.
* Snape dies.
Details aren’t needed. Just say BELLATRIX KILLS RON!
Snape’s loyalty? I found this to be the saddest part of the book. As many people guessed, all was not what it seemed with Dumbledore, and the two did indeed have a plan that would eventually result in Snape killing him. But, Snape was only in on things for personal gain, and when Voldemort learns of this, he is obviously furious with Snape. Snape tries to make up for things by luring Harry to him, but Harry manages to escape, and Voldemort kills Snape before the final conflict.
I don’t know what all these rumours are about Voldemort kidnapping Ron, it’s a complete lie. Ron is killed by Bellatrix Lestrange in The Battle of Hogwarts, but Neville manages to finish off Bellatrix after Ron weakens her before his death.
Harry is not a horcrux.
As I’ve already stated, Voldemort kills Snape.
Voldemort is killed in the Department Of Mysteries. He baits Harry about his parents, Sirius, Dumbledore and Ron. which turns out to be the worst thing Voldemort could have done. As Voldemort steps out into the circular bit with many doors, Harry opens the locked door, and Voldemort is destroyed by the blinding light, which heals Harry, who seems close to death (he does not die).
The cover art shows Voldemort + Harry at the Deathly Hallows, Harry is attempting to summon Voldemort’s Horcrux, as Voldemort is doing his best to keep the enchantment in place.
No-one loses a body part, no idea where that came from?
Also Harry does not get drunk whoever said that.
Harry does not lose his powers.
What’s the deal with the dragon on the US deluxe cover?
The trio fly on it to get to the Deathly Hallows. Only Harry and Voldemort can fight on the Deathly Hallows, but this is not their final encounter.
What’s happening on the UK kids cover?
Gringotts. The trio are searching for the locket (it isnt there) but they get vital information on Ravenclaws book here.
How’s the epilogue done?
I didn’t like it. It was in the form of a newspaper article, a sort of ‘Where Are They Now?’ thing, 20 years on from the final showdown.
You said Ron dies so what happens to Hermy at the end?
As said, her love life isnt specified. But she becomes a Healer at St. Mungo’s.
What’s Luna/Hagrid/Weasley twins/Neville’s fate?
Becomes editor of Quibbler (her dad passes it on to her)/Remains at Hogwarts to this day/Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes becomes multinational/Herbology teacher at Hogwarts after Sprout’s death (old age she isnt killed)
What happens to Voldy’s body in the end?
Completely obliterated by the love from locked room.
What are the horcruxes? How does Harry find and destroy them?
Nagini/Locket/Cup/Ravenclaws Book. Symbol on UK spine is a device that enables Harry to locate ‘soul fragments’ if you will, Harry can destroy them a lot more easily than Dumbledore.
What’s the deal with the mirror? How does RAB and Kreacher come into the story?
Sirius has left an almost ‘voicemail’ message on the mirror, to advise him on destroying the horcrux. Kreacher has to tell the trio (on Harry’s orders) about the history of the symbol and where to find it.
What’s the lies of Dumbledore chapter about?
Neon was right about this, this is to do with the plan with Snape. I don’t know if he got lucky because the Grindelwald thing isnt even close.
What happens to all the teachers? Who’s new headmaster etc?
McGonagall is new headmistress.
What’s Harry’s fate in the end? Job etc?
Becomes an almost freelance Auror but refuses to work for the MoM
Dark Lord Ascending
* another first chapter that is not Harry’s point of view
* very dark
* first death
* Bellatrix and Voldemort interact
* back to Harry’s point of view
* Dumbledore’s past
* Rita Skeeter appears here. Apparently, Harry is not pleased.
The Dursleys Departing
* The Dursley’s leave Privet Drive
The Seven Potters
* Harry, Ron, and Hermione are reunited
* Death Eater attack
* another death
* very intense
* another death
* one person loses a body part
* scenes afterwards set in the Burrow
* Apparently, Harry gets drunk!
* tells what happened with Ollivander
The Ghoul in Pajamas
* general plan discussion all around
* Hermione is scary (lol)
The Will of Albus Dumbledore
* Harry’s birthday! Ron gives him a funny gift.
* Minister of Magic is back
* Lupin is acting off
* Weasley relatives, Luna’s father, and Krum all make ppearances
* Krum argues with Luna’s father over the symbol
* Dumbledore’s past again, which is not pleasant
* Kingsley makes an appearance with some bad news.
A Place to Hide
* Harry, Ron, and Hermione leave the Burrow, and run into Death Eaters
* Hermione gets hit on by drunkards
* They go to Grimmauld Place
* Harry finds a letter from his mother saying disturbing things about Dumbledore
* R.A.B. is Sirius’s brother (everyone knew that, lol)
* lots of complex stuff on Horcruxes
* setting is Grimmauld Place
* Harry has sent Kreacher on an errand
* Kreacher seems to be getting friendlier
* Lupin is still acting off, and states something extremely surprising (off in an easily irritated, jumpy way. We’ve also been told that Lupin/Tonks shippers will be over the moon, so, perhaps Tonks is pregnant?)
* Trio find out who has the locket, and they are shocked.
Magic is Might
* Trio plan to get the locket from the ministry
The Muggle-born Registration Commission
* Trio leave Grimmauld Place and Kreacher
* Trio stays in the woods.
* Harry sees through mind-link that Voldemort is not in the country, and is looking for a stolen object that has something to do with wands.
The Goblin’s Revenge
* Ron does something weird.
* Someone named Bathilda wrote the History of Magic book. IDK if this has anything to do with anything, but still, might be worth noting.
The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore
The Silver Doe
* Hermione is sleeping. Harry sees a Patronus and follows it. It leads him to a thing Dumbledore has left him. He is reunited with Ron. The entire scene with the destruction of the Horcrux and display of Ron’s insecurities happens.
* The Tale of the Three Brothers
* “The Tale of Three Brothers” is a wizard children’s story. The story involves three objects called the Deathly Hallows. Three brothers, three objects, AKA the Deathly Hallows.
* Trio goes to see Luna’s dad
* He tells them a wizarding fairy story about three objects
* They are called the Deathly Hallow
The Deathly Hallows
* Harry follows lead of DH story instead of Horcrux stuff
* He becomes stupidly obsessed over it, kind of like how he was over Malfoy in HBP
* Makes a huge mistake and gets the trio “captured”
* A couple of people have died, one important
* Someone else is being kept in the manor
* Someone else dies
* The trio is tortured for info
* Dobby helps them escape
* Another someone else dies
The Final Hiding Place
The Missing Mirror
The Lost Diadem
The Sacking of Severus Snape
The Battle of Hogwarts
The Elder Wand
The Prince’s Tale
The Forest Again
The Flaw in the Plan